POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Texture maps different in 3.5 even when using #version : Re: Texture maps different in 3.5 even when using #version Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture maps different in 3.5 even when using #version
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 1 Feb 2003 07:19:29
Message: <3e3bbb51@news.povray.org>
AFAIK, the noise-generator was changed from 3.1 to 3.5,
not to mention the new one added to avoid some "plateaus"
in number-distribution or what-not. I'm not so sure about
thise topic, but I DO know that the new noise-generator is
default in 3.5, and AFAIK you have to set that manually to
overcome the problem, just a #version won't help.

But that's just a guess, so don't blame me if I'm wrong! :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias